Animals are so naturally drawn to the energy healing from Reiki, Crystals and other modalities.
When I first went to Primrose Donkey Sanctuary in Roseneath Ontario, I saw firsthand, how the residents just came over to you for the healing energy. Now most of these residents of the sanctuary were used to receiving Reiki on a weekly basis but even with strangers coming into their environment, it was as if they knew what you were there for.
You know it can be intimidating going into a strange environment with animals you have never met or even came on contact before. Donkeys can be pernickety they say but I was in awe of their calmness and willingness for us to be with them. They would walk right up to you and nudge your hand. Once they had enough of the energy they shook it off and walked away unless one of their friends tried to but their way in to get a turn. It was an amazing experience.
I know for my own pets Chloe, Bogart, Gracie, Sage and Jada they all have their own needs when it comes to energy healing. Chloe for example usually only takes a little then shakes and moves away. Bogart on the other hand will take as much as you’re willing to give. He will lie with crystals all over him, receive Reiki and fall asleep. I’ve never seen him get up to tell me he’s had enough. Ms, Gracie tends to lay a little further away than the others but none the less receives her share. The instinctively know that it is good for them and they look forward to their nightly ritual.
Some of the benefits are:
- providing relief from the effects of arthritis, rheumatism and other debilitating conditions.
- accelerating the healing of post surgical trauma, wounds, breaks and sprains.
- delaying the onset and progression of certain diseases.
- energizing and revitalizing an older animal.
- soothing and calming highly strung, hyperactive or stressed animals.
- helping to alleviate lethargy and depression.
- helping with transitions such as moving house, introduction to, or loss of, another pet.
- helping rescued animals adjust to their new surroundings and preparing them for a future in a stable family life
- providing comfort, relief from pain, fear or anxiety
- comforting them, and their owner, during the transition from this world to the next.